These are my friends, Lakshmi and Deepak. They're 2 of the nicest people you'll ever meet. I am not an expert at pronouncing Indian names, but Lakshmi's is pronounced almost like it looks (luck-shmee). Once when I told Laksmi about how people stumble with my last name, she said they can never pronounce her first name. The funniest mispronunciation she ever heard was "lunchmeat." I suppose that is a common first name somewhere in the world. Maybe the person thought her family originated from "New Deli" . . . (I crack myself up).Lakshmi and Deepak have an adorable 8-month old girl, who I'd never met until this past weekend. Lucky for you, I secured a parental release to put this picture of the 3 of them on my blog. What a cute family!
Lakshmi, Deepak and baby girl were nice enough to spend part of their long weekend with me. We traded funny work stories. They told me about their new lives a plane-ride away. I showed them some of my application ideas, which they seemed to like. That was encouraging. I was impressed that Deepak remembered my "Beccia" song!
It's nice to keep in touch with people who are important in our lives. There are friends that, no matter how much time goes by, you can get together with and have fun. And you can count on those friends to be there for you, too. Lakshmi and Deepak are those kind of friends. Have you been putting off contacting someone you care about because you think too much time has gone by? If so, start e-mailing or dialing. They'll wonder what took you so long.